Joshua's Birthday Counter

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

BEAT'N BY REALITY

Ok, let's face it....I'm no Spring Chicken. But do I have to jump from young to old over night?

A recent event from this weekend has left me in hard place.....I'm I a young looking (about to be) 30 year year old.......or a (about to be) 30 year old who tries to look young?

Allow me to re-wind and tell you how this conundrum came about.
I went shopping on Sunday at Target. I was pushing a cart and walking very fast as I exited the store because I was cold. To the left there was some caution tape so I made sure to stay a good 3 feet away from it. Here I am walking out happy about my cool Jamaica bikini when...

BLAMO!!! I hit something in the concrete that made my cart stop and me fling forward knocking my leg up against the cart really hard. As that happened I said "ouch, what the H" rather loud. From behind me all I hear is this high pitched giggling from the 2 teenage girls I had just flew past with my cart. One of them spoke up and said..."that's why there's caution tape there old lady!" and then the incessant high pitched giggling resumed.



I walked away in pain...both mentally and psychically.

No....that giant lump on my leg is not my knee...It's my battle wound from reality. That's what the shopping cart did to me!

Rubbing salt into a wound...I also picked up some Jack Daniels for Thomas's party. As I went to hand my licence to the check out lady, she said she didn't need it.

So, I looked enough over 21 that I didn't need to be carded.....Eeeek.

I suppose it...(ageing) happens to the best of us. Which explains why plastic surgery is a billion dollar industry; and why celebrities will do what ever it takes to keep them selves frozen in time.

No comments: