Joshua's Birthday Counter

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

IN THE ARMY!!!

My brother Thomas is officially being sworn into the Army as I type this.





I am so completely proud of him! He took all the written tests on Tuesday and scored exceptionally well. 111. The highest job requirement I found online was 110. He had his day-long psychical today and just finished a little bit ago.




If I'm saying this right he will be an Air-Born trained Armored Vehicle Driver / Machine Gunner. From the looks of the website a to become a driver you had to have scored a 11o...So, I'm glad he chose something worthy of his high score. He always drove like a maniac....now he'll get to do it in a Humvee or some cool Tank!



He will be leaving us on the 10th and going to Ft. Benning GA for 23 weeks of boot camp and training. Jumping out of plains, shooting guns, and driving..... I know Thomas is soooo excited!

As for the rest of us....we'll be helping him move out of his duplex and moving Trisha into my parents house for now until she can move on base. Of course anyone who knows me; knows that I can't let him slip away quietly...I'm cooking up some way to throw him a Congratulations / Good Luck party.

If I get my way....Stay tuned for an invitation!

No comments: